Opting for a hair loss treatment for women is as common as getting the eyebrows shaped. From home remedies to visiting the family doctor to going to a specialist, women have left no stone unturned.
But how many have zeroed in on the reasons before complaining about hair loss? From hairstyles to products, these things have compelled to opt for the best hair loss treatment for women. Apart from these, there are few scalp problems too that are becoming the primary reason for taking treatment for hair loss in women.
What is a Scalp Problem?
Any irritation or disease on the skin of the head (excluding face and neck) is called a scalp problem. These problems start slow or fast, depending on your hair’s health, but results in hair loss too when left untreated for a long time.
Common Symptoms of Scalp Problems
If you are facing any off these, it is time to go for a specialized hair loss in women treatment:
- Itchy scalp
- Pain and tenderness in the scalp
- Rashes, pimples, blisters, boils on the scalp
- Numbness of the scalp
- Hair loss
Causes of Scalp Problems
- Hygiene – scalp needs to be washed frequently just like the skin to remove the dust & dirt coupled with natural oils of the hair. Also, the styling gels and hair oils that you use must be washed away regularly.
- Spa – shampoos, conditioners, straighteners, coloring, hair spa creams, and many more things that we use on the hair needs to be washed away from the scalp. While shampooing is essential, opting for plain water with some herbs is a better way than using chemicals.
- Dandruff – another major reason for hair loss, dandruff could be a symptom of poor hygiene, hair care products, dry skin, fungal infections, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- Dryness – age, climatic changes, washing hair excessively, overusing hair products, skin diseases, etc. result in itchy scalp and infections too.
- Acne – when pores in the follicles are blocked with excess oil, it results in scalp acne. Reasons for this blockage can be hormonal changes, medication, humid environment, pollution, genetic history, stress, etc.
- Folliculitis – an infection caused due to bacteria, it appears as small pus filled pimples which start as tiny red eruptions. Folliculitis can lead to scarring too.
- Psoriasis – thickened plaques of dry, scaly skin, psoriasis happens when immune cells target the skin.
- Lice – a parasite called Pediculus Humanus infests the human scalp causing itching on the scalp. Lice or nits, are more common in children than in adults.
Ringworms, seborrheic dermatitis and many more problems associated with the scalp can result in hair loss. If you see any change in the hair texture, or feel any of the symptoms, along with hair loss, it might be a good idea to consult an experienced specialist. MedLinks in Delhi is reputed and known to treat such problems with ease and effective results.