Alopecia Areata is a hair loss problem that causes the loss of hair in round patches. Therefore, it is also called the spot baldness. It is an autoimmune disease.
In this problem, the period of hair loss can vary person to person. Some people get their hair back in months, while for some, it may last years long.
What causes Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disease. To define, the autoimmune disease is a type of problem in which the immune system of the body itself attacks the body! When Alopecia Areata develops, the body attacks its own hair follicles. Other reasons stand as a person’s genetic makeup, combined with other factors.
Other risks from Alopecia Areata:
Alopecia Areata does not only cause hair problems, but it also puts people at the risk of other problems:
- Another autoimmune disease
- Lighter skin patches
- Asthma and allergies, mainly atopic dermatitis (more commonly called eczema) and hay fever (nasal allergies)
Signs of alopecia areata:
There are many signs that tell you the arrival of alopecia areata. Some of the major are:
- Patchy hair loss: Looking the fallen hairs on your pillow when you wake up? The problem of alopecia areata often begins with one or more coin sized patches on your head.
- Watch your nails: The patients of alopecia areata can also see some changes in their nail. Most of the times, in the form of white patch or dot, nail changes are signs of this problem.
- Widespread hair loss: Some patients also display a widespread hair loss problem.
Alopecia Areata: who are at the risk?
This condition can affect anyone from any age group. It often starts in childhood. However, having a blood relative with alopecia Areata can increase the risk of getting affected by this disease.
Prevention of alopecia Areata:
You cannot do much to prevent this condition. However, it is advised by the experts that you should have a healthy diet and proper care for your hair. Restrict yourself from the overuse or misuse of hair products. Moreover, saving your hair from dust and pollution is always useful to prevent hair loss of any kind.
Treatment of alopecia Areata at MedLinks:
There are different procedures available at MedLinks for the treatment of alopecia areata. In the first move, our experts try to use medications for the treatment purpose. If the condition does not get better with medication, other procedures are applied.
- Medication: Medications of various kinds, like Corticosteroids and Minoxidil are used to suppress the immune system and initiate hair growth. In most of the cases, under the supervision of our experts, these medicines produce satisfying results.
- Intralesional Corticosteroids: With minimal side effects and maximum action, most cases do respond to monthly injections of corticosteroids under expert supervision.
Why you should choose MedLinks:
MedLinks has emerged in recent years as the one spot solution centre of many hair and skin problems. We have successfully treated many patients with the problem of alopecia areata. Our experts closely understand the problem and treat it with the best suitable method to produce desired results. We emphasize on the quality of the treatment at the same time focusing on the quick results.
To get rid of your bald spots, you can book a quick appointment with MedLinks.