Sensitive skin is a subject that almost everyone is familiar with. However, there is so much of confusion about sensitive skin as well. General notion among people about sensitive skin is very simple. They believe that if a cosmetic product causes abnormal experience, they have sensitive skin. However, it’s not all the fact! There may be other reasons for it.
The Dermatologists look for the following issues when diagnosing sensitive skin:
- Skin reactions such as pustules, skin bumps, or skin erosion
- Very dry skin which doesn’t properly protect nerve endings in the skin
- A tendency toward blushing and skin flushing
Sensitive skin can lead to other problems. Therefore, you should be aware of the skin sensitivity facts like causes, preventions and symptoms.
What causes sensitive skin?
There are various reasons that may cause sensitive skin. The reasons differ person to person. However, there are some generally accepted causes:
- Many types of skin disorders such as eczema, rosacea, or allergic contact dermatitis may result in skin sensitivity.
- There is a role of overly dry or injured skin also. Excessive dry skin cannot protect nerve endings, and it leads to skin reactions.
- The exposure to sun, the wind or excessively hot or cold temperature can also play a part in causing skin sensitivity.
- The factors like genetic qualities, gender, race and age can also cause sensitive skin. These are, nevertheless, issues of debate among medical experts.
Sensitive skin: who are at the risk?
The following conditions put someone at the risk of skin sensitivity:
- Having skin infections: A person with skin problems, as mentioned above, is more likely to develop skin sensitivity.
- Having relatives with sensitive skin: Your genes put you at the risk of having sensitive skin. If you have someone in the family with skin sensitivity, more are the chances that you may have it too!
Have I sensitive skin?
To determine if you have sensitive skin or not, you should look for the signs of skin sensitivity. Some of the signs that may tell if your skin is sensitive or not, are:
- Reaction to the weather: Hot weather often leaves sensitive skin rash, and causes redness and/or tightness. Hot weather can also cause acne on the sensitive skin. Whereas, cold weather and harsh winds bring dryness and irritation to sensitive skin.
- Reaction to soaps: If you have sensitive skin, soaps with fragrance will not give you a pleasant experience. Using soaps scented soaps might leave your skin dry and irritated.
- After shave: In men, the sensitive skin does not react well with shaving. After a shave, men may have redness on their skin. Moreover, a feeling of burning sensation may also join the redness.
Prevention of sensitive skin:
With some precautions in mind, you can prevent yourself from skin sensitivity. Moreover, if your skin is already sensitive, you can mitigate the effects of it by following some steps.
- Don’t overuse soap: Try to wash your face with soap, if you do, only once a day. Overuse of soaps may leave your skin dry and itchy.
- Look your choices: When it comes to cosmetic products, you should avoid trying too many. It has been observed that people, who try many cosmetic products, often end with sensitive skin. Moreover, always look at the contents when you buy a cosmetic product. Don’t trust the fragrance!
- Moisturizer: Use moisturizer to prevent your skin from dryness. Dry skin often leads to skin sensitivity.
- Stay safe from extreme weather: In conditions of extreme cold or heat, save your skin from getting affected.
Treatments of sensitive skin at MedLinks:
Treatment for sensitive skin begins with a proper clinical examination at MedLinks. Skin sensitivity is a crucial condition and it must be treated very carefully. Experts at MedLinks ensure that treatment choices are applied after a detailed study of the skin type for every individual.
At MedLinks, the Dermatologist checks for skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, or contact with a skin irritant. Further, a skin patch test is used to check for any allergies you might have. It will be followed by a discussion about your skin care plan. This discussion helps MedLinks expert to determine if you accidently use any skin irritant. Often, the treatment includes prescribing mild products to relieve your skin from sensitivity.
Why should you choose MedLinks?
Our experts understand the problem of sensitive skin in detail. At MedLinks, every patient is treated independently with personalized attention. The Dermatologist starts the treatment with a close clinical examination. As our experts are highly qualified and well-trained, you don’t need to worry about your treatment for sensitive skin. You can quickly book an appointment with MedLinks for treatment of your sensitive skin.
Average rating: 0 reviews