As the name suggests, the skin infections caused by fungi of different types, are termed fungal infections. For example, yeasts are fungi that cause skin infections.
Fungal infections have been divided into several groups depending upon the fungi involved.
Yeast infections: Intertrigo, thrush, and pityriasis versicolor
What causes fungal infection?
Different types of fungal infections are caused by different types of fungi. However, there is one thing in common. Fungi invade and grow in dead keratin. Keratin is a protein that makes up your skin, hair, and nails. Once fungi invade this vital element, you are at the risk of fungal infections.
Fungal infection: who are at the risk?
It’s about infection, so, people who give less attention to the cleanliness are often at the risk. Fungi mostly grow in the parts of the body that are not kept clean. Still, a compilation of reasons that put people at the risk of fungal infections will display:
- Unchanged shocks for 2-3 days
- Not fitting shoes – too tight or too lose
- Walking barefoot in bathroom
- Sharing towels and clothes with others
- Ignoring itching or other issues of skin
Signs of the fungal infection:
There are various types of fungal infections. The signs of different infections may vary. However, there are some general signs of infections caused by fungi that remain same. What are the signs?
- Skin deterioration: Often, before fungal infections are followed by skin problems such as peeling and cracking of the skin. It can be taken as the sign.
- Skin rashes: Fungal infections can cause skin rashes on the affected part of the body. Be careful if you notice red and itchy skin rash. It may be a fungal infection.
- Patches: Especially in ringworm fungal infection, you can notice patches like rings on your skin.
- Bumps: In yeast fungal infections, you might notice pimple like bumps on the skin.
Prevention of fungal infection:
Fungal infections can be prevented with cleanliness. Some precautions in towards a neat lifestyle can help the most. Here is the list of things you can do to prevent fungal infections:
- Remember to dry your skin thoroughly after a bath
- Wash your socks, clothes, and bed often
- Don’t wander barefoot in bathrooms or other public areas like swimming pools
- Wear loose fitting clothes that are made of cotton or a material designed to keep moisture away from your skin.
- Avoid sharing towels and clothing
- Keep alternate pair of shoes to let your footwear dry
- Diabetic people should keep their blood sugar in control to prevent fungal infections
Treatment of fungal infection at MedLinks:
Most of the fungal infections are treatable with medicated creams or gels. However, to determine the right type of infection you have, it is necessary that the dermatologist attending to you must be expert. At MedLinks, there are the Dermatologists who understand every type of fungal infection in detail.
Generally, the treatment for fungal infections includes the prescription of a skin-suiting over-the-counter antifungal cream or spray. However, a conscious expert observation is kept on the overall treatment process by MedLinks expert.
Why should you choose MedLinks?
MedLinks always ensures that treatment is provided with the optimal personalized touch. Every individual is given the proper expert attention. You will notice it once you visit MedLinks for your fungal infection treatment. Infections, be that on any part of the body – arms, face, legs or private parts, are treated effectively. We focus on your speedy recovery as well as the long-lasting effect of the treatment. You can book an appointment with the MedLinks experts very quickly and easily.