Hair loss has become a very common problem today. Men and women in middle ages are naturally affected by this problem. Moreover, even young people are showing the signs of hair loss.
When it comes to specific details of hair loss in men and women, there are differences. From the causes to the nature of the problem, there are several remarkable differences that one can spot.
What causes hair loss in women?
In women, there are several other reasons than men that may cause hair loss.
- Hormonal imbalances: Altered menstrual cycle is one of the indications of hormonal imbalances in women. It can cause hair loss in women.
- Pregnancy: One of the natural reasons, the hormonal changes that take place during pregnancy might cause hair loss in women. It might be simple or excessive.
- Protein deprivation: Lack of protein in women can lead to hair loss.
- Stress: Work pressure, family issues or any other kind of emotional trauma can cause hair loss in women.
- Outdoor effect: Excessive sun exposure, pollution, dirt and dust have also their respective roles to play when it comes to hair loss in women. These problems mostly occur in the big cities.
- Genetic causes: It is noted that genes have also a part in hair loss. Women who have family members with baldness often get it!
- Diseases: Some diseases like hypothyroidism infections – typhoid etc can precipitate acute hair loss in women.
Signs of hair loss in women:
There are many signs of hair loss in women. Sometimes, the signs vary. Some of the signs that do not change are:
- Telogen Effluvium: Sudden plenty of hair loss in last 1-3 months leading to decreased hair density
- Traction alopecia: Hairstyles that constantly pull on the scalp cause this type of hair loss.
- Alopecia areata: This disease can cause complete hair loss in otherwise healthy people.
- Alopecia areata: Some people lose their eyelashes before the hair loss problem affects them.
- Often the hair loss starts from the forehead. Women start losing their hair from the front.
- Thin hair: In women, once the hair start losing their thickness, it is a sign of starting of hair loss.
- Patterned female baldness: Hair loss in female starts from the central scalp
- Hair loss due to androgenic …: Diffuse thinning of hair with decreased density
Prevention of hair loss in women:
While some factors are really out of your hand (though fixed easily by treatment) you can try following some tips to prevent hair loss.
- Proper diet: Balance your diet properly. Ensure that you have proper intakes of vitamins and proteins in your food.
- Use of products: Do not use hair products in abundance. Choose the best ones and use them in a moderate way.
- Hair protection: Protect your hair from dirt, dust, and pollution.
- Pregnant women: Pregnant women should pay more attention to their diet so that they acquire proper protein and nutrients.
- Avoid hair oil
- Frequent shampooing
Treatment of hair loss in women at MedLinks:
For the problems of hair loss in women, MedLinks has various treatment methods to offer. We understand every kind of problems and apply our treatment procedures respective of them.
- Medicines: To stop the androgenic process, antiandrogen medicines along with hair mineral supplements are advised. To promote hair growth minoxidil and various growth promoting peptides are added.
- Non-surgical Modalities:
The non-surgical methods are quite painless with no downtime. These procedures are performed under local anesthesia.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma): Platelets are extracted from the blood and injected into the scalp. This novel therapy is based on the procedure of various growth factors present in the platelet.
- Microneedling: A device with multiple tiny needles is moved over the scalp to induce release of various growth factors around the follicles.
Why you should choose MedLinks:
MedLinks always cares for a personalized level of treatment. We have been striving to provide the optimal solution for the hair loss problem of every individual. Our experts start by studying closely the type of hair loss our female patients suffer. Once the clinical examination and consultation are over, the most appropriate method is implied to treat the problem. We ensure that there is not any side-effect during or after the procedure and that is why we care for every minute detail throughout the treatment cycle.
If you want to dispose of your hair loss problem, you can book a quick appointment with our experts at MedLinks.