Usually dark, the blemishes around your eyes are called dark circles. The medical term for this condition is periorbital dark circles.
Dark circles under your eyes make your face appear dull. People do not like it and try many things to get rid of it.
What causes dark circles?
Like many other skin problems, the problem of dark circles is also associated with your genetic qualities. Including heredity, the causes of dark circles under your eyes are:
- Conditions that cause itching: The conditions that cause itching to your eyes can lead to the formation of dark circles. Some of those conditions are allergies, asthma, and eczema.
- Genetic: If you have more transparent skin, that is hereditary, there are the chances that you might develop dark circles under your eyes.
- Late night waking: Though disputed among the experts, it is believed that people who wake up till late in the night, may have dark circles because of this habit.
- Tear trough: Tear trough is a condition in which there is formation of a groove or hollowness at the under eye area. This groove/hollowness imparts a shadow and this shadow worsens the dark circles also give a sunken and weak look to the face.
Dark circles: who are at the risk?
Dark circles start occurring with the age. However, there are the factors that put a person at the risk of it. Who are the people at the risk of dark circles?
- Exposed to the sun: People who have extensive hours in the sun are often at the risk of developing dark circles under the eyes. UV rays from the sun stimulate your skin to produce more melanin. It can lead to the formation of periorbital dark circles.
- Wrong habits: It has often been noticed that people who are in the habit of rubbing their eyes often grow dark circles around their eyes. Likewise, those who keep waking late night are at the risk.
- People with more transparent skin: This is a hereditary cause. People who have more transparent skin are often prone to develop dark circles under the eyes.
Signs of the dark circles:
Not usually a medical problem, there aren’t so many signs of dark circles. However, the most reliable ones are:
The early signs of dark circles under your eyes are:
- Swelling: Often the dark circles start with swelling under your eyes.
- Discoloration: If your skin under the eyes starts discoloring, you should take it as the signs of dark circles.
Prevention of dark circles:
Though it is difficult to manage dark circles if it is because of your genetics, you can control other causes and stay safe from dark circles. Here is what to do in order to prevent dark circles from occurring:
- Wear sunglasses: Stop the UV rays from the sun to harm your skin. Wearing a sunglass can prevent the problem of dark circle effectively.
- Have your sleep: Often considered one of the major causes of dark circles, your sleep hours should be moderate. If you sleep late at the night, you become prone to dark circles. Get enough sleep to prevent those dark lines.
- Keep hydrated: Keeping the area under your eyes hydrated can help you in combating the dark circles.
Treatments of dark circles at MedLinks:
At MedLinks, the treatment for dark circles is highly successful. We have helped many people get rid of those dark shades under the eyes. MedLinks’ experts use different treatment options for this problem that depend on the skin type.
- Topical Bleach Creams: Most of the time, the dark circles can be treated by the use of medications in the form of creams. The dark circles caused by hyper pigmentation can easily be treated by the use of these creams.
- Tear Trough Correction: Tear trough correction is done with a dermal filler and improves the dark circles instantly.
- Laser Toning: In laser toning a specialised laser – Q-Switch Nd-YAG is used to treat the dark circles. The treatment is safe and the results last for a long time.
For other types of dark circles, many other methods are used for treatment. The methods may be:
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Resurfacing
- Intense Pulsed Light
Why should you choose MedLinks?
Skin problems are very sensitive cases for the experts. MedLinks understands this fact very well. At our center, you will experience it on your own. All the Dermatologists at MedLinks are trained to treat skin problems from the reputed national and international institutes. They are qualified as well as hands-on in using the latest technologies for treatment. Your treatment will start with a consultation. Followed by a minute clinical examination, you will be introduced to the various options for the treatment. The expert attending to you will guide you in choosing the best option for your skin type. You will get the desired result, MedLinks ensures you for that. Book an appointment right now, and bring out the best of your personality with beautiful eyes! Booking appointment with MedLinks is easy and quick.
Average rating: 0 reviews