Usually dark, the blemishes around your eyes are known as dark circles. The medical term for this condition is periorbital dark circles.
Dark circles under your eyes make your face appear dull. People do not like it and try many dark circles treatment to get rid of the condition.
What causes dark circles?
Like many other skin problems, the problem of dark circles is also associated with your genetic qualities. Including heredity, the causes of dark circles under your eyes are:
- Conditions that cause itching:The conditions that cause itching to your eyes can lead to the formation of dark circles. Some of those include allergies, asthma, and eczema.
- Genetics:If you have more transparent skin, that is hereditary, there are the chances that you might develop dark circles under your eyes.
- Staying awake till late night:Though disputed among the experts, it is believed that people who wake up till late in the night may have dark circles because of this habit.
- Tear trough:Tear trough is a condition in which there is formation of a groove or hollowness at the under eye area. This groove/hollowness imparts a shadow which worsens the dark circles while also giving a sunken and weak look to the face.
Who are at the risk?
Dark circles usually start appearing with age. However, certain factors put a person at a higher risk of having dark circles.
- Exposure to the sun:People who spend extensive hours in the sun are often at a risk of developing dark circles under the eyes. The UV rays from the sun stimulate your skin to produce more melanin which can lead to the formation of periorbital dark circles.
- Wrong habits:It has often been noticed that people who have a habit of rubbing their eyes often grow dark circles around their eyes. Likewise, those who stay awake till late at night are also at high risk.
- Transparent skin: This is a hereditary cause. People who have more transparent skin are often prone to develop dark circles under their eyes.
Signs of the dark circles
Dark circles aren’t usually a medical problem and have very few signs. The most reliable early signs of dark circles include:
- Swelling:Dark circles often start with swelling under your eyes.
- Discolouration: If your skin under the eyes starts discolouring, you should take it as a signs of dark circles.
Prevention of dark circles
Though it is difficult to manage dark circles if it is because of your genetics, you can still control other causes and keep them away. Here is what you can do to prevent dark circles:
- Wear sunglasses:Stop the UV rays of the sun from harming your skin. Wearing a sunglass can prevent the problem of dark circles effectively.
- Have your sleep:Often considered one of the major causes of dark circles, your sleep hours should be moderate. If you sleep late at night, you become prone to dark circles. Hence, get enough sleep to prevent dark lines.
- Stay hydrated:Keeping the area under your eyes hydrated can help you in combating the dark circles.
Best Treatments for Dark circles at MedLinks
At MedLinks, the treatment for dark circles is highly successful. We have helped many people get rid of those dark shades under their eyes. MedLinks’ experts use different treatment options for this problem which depend on the skin type of an individual.
- Topical Bleach Creams:Most of the time, dark circles can be treated with the help of medications in the form of creams. The dark circles caused by hyper pigmentation can easily be treated by the use of these creams.
- Tear Trough Correction:Tear trough correction is done with a dermal filler which improves the dark circles instantly.
- Laser Toning:In laser toning, a specialised laser – Q-Switch Nd-YAG is used to treat the dark circles. The treatment is safe and the results last for a long time.
For the treatment of other types of dark circles, various other methods can be used. These include:
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Resurfacing
- Intense Pulsed Light
Why should you choose MedLinks?
Skin problems are very sensitive cases. MedLinks understands this fact very well. All the Dermatologists at MedLinks are trained from reputed national and international institutes, and have hands-on experience in using the latest technologies to treat skin problems. Your treatment will start with a consultation followed by a minute clinical examination, after which you will be introduced to the various options available for treatment. The expert attending to you will guide you in choosing the best option depending upon your skin type.
So if you’re looking for dark circles treatment in Delhi, Gurgaon, book an appointment with MedLinks at the earliest and get the best out of your personality.