Everyone understands what the term dull complexion means. However, people generally do not understand the cause of uneven skin tone or dull complexion. Consequently, they ignore it as something natural.
Dull complexion or uneven skin tone may be the result of a number of factors. Medical attention is necessary or it may worsen with time.
What causes uneven skin tone or dull complexion?
While there are many causes behind uneven skin tone or the dull complexion, the major ones are:
- Exposure to the sun is the most common factor behind dull complexion. Overexposure to the sun accelerates the production of melanin. This leads to making the skin color uneven.
- Oily skin may lack sebum at times. Thus, oily skin may be easily cracked and unhealthy. So oily skin is prone to get damaged and discolored easily.
- If you have hormonal problems or imbalanced release of hormones, it may lead to the production of less or more melanin in certain areas – a cause of uneven skin tone.
Dull complexion or uneven skin tone: who are at the risk?
Generally, people are often at the risk of dull complexion because of the busy lifestyle that demands outdoor explorations. Including exposure to the sun, the below factors make people prone to the problem:
- Acne history: It is often observed that people who had severe acne in the past, suffer from uneven skin tone. So, having an ace history puts you at the risk of dull complexion.
- Like acne, acne scar may also cause dull complexion in people.
- Internal problems: People who suffer from imbalanced hormonal release are often at the risk of developing uneven skin tone.
- Sun exposure: Over exposure to the sun always makes your skin prone to uneven skin tone.
Signs of the uneven skin tone or dull complexion:
You might need a very long time to understand if you have dull complexion problem. Especially, in the parts of the body like arms, chest, and legs, you require longer time periods. Yet, there are some signs that you can notice clearly on your skin.
- Loss of brightness: First of the signs, you will notice the loss of brightness from your skin. It usually announces the coming problem of dull complexion.
- Damaged skin: You can also take damaged skin as a sign of the uneven skin tone problem.
- Sun spots: Not always, but sun spots may also be the sign of dull complexion.
Prevention of dull complexion:
Dull complexion or the uneven skin tone can be prevented with some precautions.
- Keeping moisturized: Keep your skin moisturized. You should drink a lot of water. Using good quality moisturizing products will also help to prevent uneven skin tone.
- Look what you eat: Consuming sugar and fatty foods may affect your skin complexion. You should avoid or have these foods in a moderated quantity. Moreover, adding food items with vitamin c in your diet will help you in keeping your skin moisturized.
- Moderate your alcohol consumption: Alcohol is known to destroy the skin cells. You must avoid it completely or keep it under control. Then only you will be able to prevent or recover dull complexion!
Uneven skin tone treatment at MedLinks:
There are various forms of treatments available at MedLinks for uneven skin tone problem. The treatments are decided upon the examination of skin and problem type.
For mild discoloration:
- Vitamin C creams: For mild discoloration, creams with vitamin c offer gentle exfoliation. Vitamin c creams are supposed to even out the pigmentation.
- Skin brightening creams: These creams can control the rate of production of melanin in the skin. The reduced speed of melanin production leads to the even skin.
For severe discoloration:
People who have complex problems of dull complexion need special treatments. At MedLinks, experts can handle these situations with different procedures:
- Laser peels: Melanin is only produced in the upper layer of the skin, and thus, laser peels can be a useful option to treat dull complexion. This process consists of removing the dead skin cells from the upper layers of skin. This process ends the discoloration of the skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is another procedure that attempts to remove old cells and stimulate the growth of new ones. This process helps reduce uneven skin tone by brushing off old skin cells with a fine wire brush to make room for new growth.
- Chemical peels: This process is also somewhat like the above-mentioned procedure. Chemicals are used to irritate the upper layer of the skin. It causes the upper layer of skin to blister and accelerates the production of the new skin layer.
- Skin Lightening Therapy: This unique therapy has a sequence of services and is one of the best skin lightening treatments available. This therapy includes Various Yellow Peels, Ultrasonic infusion of certain vitamins, antioxidants and skin brightening solutions.
- Laser Toning: Laser Toning involves the use of Q-Switched Nd-YAG laser which reduces the melanin content from the dark areas to give you the skin you will fall in love with.
- IPL Photo-rejuvenation: IPL is a light based device which works to remove the dull and dark patches to make the skin brighter and youthful.
Why should you choose MedLinks?
The experts at MedLinks are well-familiar with the seriousness of skin problems. You will experience their expertise from the first step that is consultation. Moreover, MedLinks has the state-of-the-art facilities for treatment of every kind of skin problems. Our experts will let you know all the treatment options; moreover, they will help you in choosing the right one for your skin type for the optimal results. To dispose of your dull complexion, you can book a quick appointment with MedLinks very easily. Don’t worry; with MedLinks, you don’t have to hide. Come to us and live the best in you with an even skin tone!