The weather is perfect to enjoy the gardens and the beaches! Have each one of us not been on a trip lately? But one thing that scares the best of us are the ugly and unattractive sun-tan marks on the body. And don’t we all know how difficult it is to get rid of them?
What is suntan?
The formation of a black layer forming over the skin due to excessive skin exposure is known as tan. The intensity of tanning depends on skin type.
How to successfully get rid of tan without using cosmetics?
While there are many medical procedures to treat severe tanning like a skin whitening treatment, one must emphasis on homemade remedies for light tanning, especially if you have time right after a sunny day.
- Baking soda: a solution of baking soda with water when scrubbed on the affected part can work wonders within a week’s time. And you will surely agree given baking soda’s antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vinegar: dip your hands and feet in equal parts vinegar and water for 5-7 minutes. It helps balance skin’s pH levels, promoting healing.
- Honey and lime juice: honey helps moisturize while lime helps the skin with its powerful antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamin C, citric acid, etc. When combined and applied on the affected area, these two provide instant relief.
- Lime and cucumber juice: the best bit about this one is that this can be made and stored in a refrigerator for a week or so. You can add some rose water to it for additional benefits.
- Yogurt and gram flour: the lactic acid in the dairy dissolves the dead skin cells, whereas the gram flour removes dirt and toxins from the deeper layers of the skin. Together they leave the skin glowing and also tighten sagging skin.
- Papaya pulp: an excellent natural exfoliating agent, papaya breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells, thus bidding adieu to tanning.
- Cucumber & lemon juice with turmeric water and fuller’s Earth: cucumber balances out the pH level of the skin, lemon juice has powerful antioxidants that are good for the skin, turmeric is a powerful healer, and fuller’s Earth aka Multani mitti removes acne and blemishes. Need we say more?
These homemade remedies can be used on every alternate day for a beautiful and healthy skin. It is also wise to use a sunscreen with high SPF and make use of hats, scarves, umbrella, etc. to ensure the skin stays protected.
And if nothing else works, then the best solution for both men and women is taking a skin whitening treatment. It is not only beneficial for suntanning but gives a new glow to your skin that you cannot help but flaunt. There are many skin whitening clinics in Delhi but you must choose one who has an experienced team of doctors. After all, skin soon gets another reason to shine with monsoons approaching.