Dark circles are blemishes (purple-blue, brown, or red in colour) which are often accompanied by swelling or puffiness under the eyes. The area around the eyes can appear darker due to various factors such as the thinning of the skin, hyperpigmentation, lack of sleep, improper diet, sun exposure, etc. and provide a dull appearance to your face and eyes.
Preventive Measures to Reduce Dark Circles
Here are some preventive measures that can reduce the appearance of dark circles:
- Use a cold compress: In order prevent dark circles, apply a cold compress to your eyes on a regular basis as it can constrict the blood vessels and diminish the appearance of puffiness.
- Get beauty sleep: Sleeping 7- 8 hours every night is one of the easiest ways to keep dark circles at bay. When your eyes are closed, the skin under your eyes rejuvenates itself, thereby becoming stronger and healthier.
- Tea bags: Tea bags contain caffeine and antioxidants that can help shrink the blood vessels, increase the blood circulation, and reduce the appearance of dark circles. Therefore, apply cold tea bags to your eyes for at least 10 – 20 minutes.
- Skin care products with antioxidants: Choose skin care products that contain vitamin E and C in order to reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Best Treatments for Dark Circles
Due to the rapid advancements in the cosmetic world, there are now various dark circles treatments available at the best skin clinics that can effectively reduce the appearance of dark circles and provide you a radiant glow. Some of the effective and best treatments for dark circles are given below:
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels such as glycolic acid peel can provide you a fresher, younger-looking skin by reducing the hyperpigmentation under your eyes. These peels are highly-effective as they are designed as per your skin needs.
- Fillers: If dark circles under your eyes are caused by the loss of fatty tissue or thinning of the skin, fillers can be an effective option. According to the best dermatologists, platelet rich plasma and hyaluronic acid injections offer an effective treatment of dark circles.
- Ultrasonic eye rejuvenation: Ultrasonic eye rejuvenation is a non-invasive treatment that utilizes high frequency ultrasound waves to trigger the production of collagen in the skin. This enhanced collagen level further rejuvenates your skin, resulting in a glowing complexion.
Dark circles can disrupt your physical as well as psychological well-being. Therefore, consult the best dermatologists in Delhi who are known to offer the best under eye treatment in order to remove the darkness under your eyes.