Dr. Gaurang Krishna
Dr. Gaurang Krishna is a specialist Hair Transplant Surgeon and Senior consultant dermatologist. He is the co-founder and director of MedLinks, chain of Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Clinics. He has obtained his MBBS from TN Medical College, Mumbai and then did his Masters from the prestigious All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He had a bright Academic record, throughout his career.
He was awarded the ‘Best Resident in Dermatology’ at AIIMS after his post-graduation, an honour conferred to very few in AIIMS history.
Post MD, he developed a love for trichology and then he specialised into Hair Transplant. Since 2011, he has evolved into being almost an exclusive hair transplant surgeon. In 2013, he was awarded the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Delhi/NCR by PrimeTime Media.
He has over 3000 Surgeries to his credit till date. He is a regular speaker on various National and International forums and is a much sought after trainer in Hair Transplant and Robotic Hair Transplant. He has continuously worked for improvement of the currently available Hair Transplant techniques and developed an improvised and refined version of FUE, the PERFECT-I technique. Besides surgical hair restoration, he has been working on non-surgical hair-loss treatments like PRP,
Stem cells etc.
He has been featured in multiple newspapers and magazines and provides inputs about emerging trends in trichology.
He is an active social worker and works for various NGOs and governmental organisations for the health of the poor and deprived sections of the society.
He has won many national and international awards, like WCD Rising Star Award, ISD fellowship award, National Dermatology Quiz winner etc.
Qualifications and Training
- MBBS- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery- Mumbai, India
- MD (Dermatology)- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi India
- Certificate Cosmetic Dermatology Course, New Delhi, 2009
- Workshop on Anti Wrinkle Injection and Dermal Fillers, CSIcon, 2009
- Workshop on Dermatosurgery and Cosmetic Dermatology, Seoul, Korea in 2011
- Best Hair Transplant Surgeon Awarded by PrimeTime Media in 2013 Delhi NCR.
- Best PostGraduate in AIIMS in 2010.
- Accepted visiting scholar at the University of San Francisco, California, USA.
- Accepted International Doctor- (for dermatosurgery)- Sao José do Rio Preto, Brazil.
- Scholarship awardee for World Congress of Dermatology, 2011 and EADV conference, 2011
- IADVL-GSK National quiz winner
- Many other regional awards
- International- 9 presentations
- National and Regional- 15 presentations
- Published and accepted in International (archives of Dermatology) and National (IJDVL) journals