Open pores are the large pores on your skin that are visible to the naked eyes. Open pores are natural to exist on the skin. However, the large pores become easily visible on the faces, and may create a down feeling in people. Open pores on the face reflect light rays in an irregular way that might create a dull look.
Most of us want to get rid of open pores. Open pores give an aged, dull and irregular look to the face.
What causes open pores?
During puberty, the oil/sebaceous glands secrete more than average oil because of the increased hormonal levels. As a result, the openings of these oil glands are clogged with the skin cells and dirt and restrict the flow of increased oil. This leads to the distension of the openings that later become visible as open pores. As sebaceous glands are functioning normally until puberty, you don’t see open pores in children.
Open pores: who are at the risk?
As open pores are most likely to appear during puberty, teenagers are more viable to open pores. However, it can affect anyone, of any age group. Generally, the people who are at risk of developing enlarged open pores include:
- People who have to go out in the sun
- Those who have family members with open pores
- People who use certain cosmetic products or hair oils
Signs of open pores:
Open pores often occur on the skin after acne. Once acne hits your face, you should watch out carefully. In the beginning, pores might be smaller in size and invisible. With time, the pores enlarge. So, smaller pores are also the signs of open enlarged pores.
Prevention of open pores:
You cannot completely see them off without proper treatment! However, you can do certain things as the precaution for open pores. Here the things you should consider:
- Moderate your use of hair oil. The oil you put in the scalp often comes down to your forehead. Oil can fill up in the pores and worsen them!
- Do not wear the clothes that rub against your face. It might trigger or worsen the open pores.
- Avoid frequently touching or massaging your face as it can increase your pores.
Treatments of open pores at MedLinks:
You can use certain preventives; however, if the problem is because of your hormonal imbalance, you need a specialised treatment. At MedLinks, our expert Dermatologists have the full understanding of your skin functioning and hormonal reaction to it. Based on the clinical examination, you will be assisted at MedLinks with the treatment that best suits your skin type. The treatments for open pores that are available at MedLinks include:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This method helps you in getting rid of open pores on your skin. Using a wand-like laser handpiece, our experts at MedLinks vaporizes wrinkles and replace them with fresh skin cells. Because of more control on the depth of laser penetration, this method becomes more friendly and result-oriented.
- Fraxel restore technique: This is a new treatment for various skin problems, including the open pores. Fraxel technology can treat the open pores on your skin and help you in looking the way you want.
- There are other treatments for open pores like chemical peels and medications in the forms of gel or cream.
Why should you choose MedLinks?
At MedLinks, we aim at providing the most personalized experience of treatment to the people who are worried about their open pores. A detailed period of consultation ensures that you have the time to express your problems to the Dermatologist at MedLinks. Having the full understanding of your problems and treatment expectations, our expert can choose the best treatment method that suits your problem. Once you are at MedLinks, your problems become the worry of our experts. They will do the best to help you in getting rid of your open pores. You can book an appointment with MedLinks very quickly.