Acne is a common problem that mostly affects teenagers and youths. It occurs when the pores of your skin are blocked with dead skin, oil or bacteria. While it mostly appears on the face, acne can also trigger on other parts of the body. Moreover, in some cases, people have to face this problem a little longer than usual – up to the early twenties.
Acne directly affects your facial appearance, and hence, it can be a reason of emotional disturbance. If not treated in proper ways, acne becomes persistent, and can leave scars on the face.
What Does Cause Acne? The Medical Science
In Medical Science, oil glands are denoted as Sebaceous glands and the substance they secrete as Sebum. When more than the usual amount of sebum is released, it can build up close to the hair follicles. This formation, normally a soft plug, creates such an environment where bacteria can grow. The plugged pore with bacteria takes the shape of acne. In simple terms, acne is triggered when the oil glands produce more than regular oil.
During the puberty phase in teenagers when the hormonal changes take place, this condition usually occurs. Moreover, during the menstrual cycle, acne can be triggered in females.
Other than the above reason, certain medications (containing corticosteroids, androgens or lithium), diet, and excessive use of cosmetic products are some other causes of acne.
Who are at Risk of Developing Acne?
It’s obvious that the hormonal changes in the teenage act as the chief cause of acne. Still, based on the studies, the people who are at the risk of developing acne include:
- Girls or women, nearing their menstrual cycle
- Women expecting child
- People who use variety of cosmetic products
- People using certain medications that trigger acne
- Someone who is suffering from stress
If you have found the answer to your query ‘am I at the risk of developing acne,’ you must know about the symptoms.
Symptoms of Acne:
Acne commonly appears on the face. Nevertheless, it can also affect shoulders, chest and other parts of the body. There are many symptoms that might develop into acne. You should make a note of the following skin changes as symptoms:
- Redness around the skin eruptions
- Papules (small red bumps)
- Crusting of skin bumps
- Cysts & nodules
- Scarring of the skin
Prevention of Acne: Things to Do
To prevent acne completely is almost impossible. During the puberty phase of life, in teenage, acne do appear. However, with some steps, you can limit the problems of acne always. You should try following the tips below:
- Keeping your face clean is the essential step to prevent acne. Whether you have acne or not, try washing your face two times a day.
- Moisturizers are useful for your skin. Keeping your skin moisturized also helps against acne.
- Women should watch what beauty products they use. Moreover, excessive make-up use should be checked.
- Be careful while choosing your hair products. What you use for your hair, affects your face. For instance, excessive oiling may increase acne on forehead.
Acne Treatment at MedLinks
With a group of specialized doctors, MedLinks offers various methods of acne treatment. Here, the treatment offered to you aims at reducing the skin inflammation, preventing the bacterial infection, and increasing the rate of skin cell turnover. Altogether, these implementations result in a successful treatment of acne. The methods MedLinks uses to treat acne include:
- Medicines: Oral and topical antibiotic preparations to decrease the concentration of multiplying bacteria are useful in the initial periods. Isotretinoin, a novel molecule has been shown to dry up the oil glands giving persistent and long-term acne free period.
- Acne Buster: It is an innovative combination of removal of comedones, which are precursors of acne, combined with chemical peels like salicylic acid & Azelaic acid to decrease oil gland secretion.
- Treatment for abnormal acne includes oral contraceptives, spironolactone after a through gynaecological evaluation for best results.
MedLinks cares for you!
When you arrive at MedLinks for acne treatment, we do everything to ensure that you have made a wise selection. MedLinks has the group of renowned and certified Dermatologists. Our panel of experts is well-trained to perform various procedures for acne treatment.
We believe in the quality of treatment along with a personalized approach. The specialist attending to your problems will carefully judge your skin type and sensitivity level. As per the results, the best-suited acne treatment method is selected for you to achieve the optimal result. Getting back your even-toned face is possible with MedLinks!