Deep folds often appear on the neck and facial area. Deep folds cause tissues on the face to sag. Mostly, deep folds are seen in the lower face area.
What causes deep folds?
The main reason that deep folds appear on the skin is ‘excess of skin tissues’. When skin tissues are produced in abundance, it causes the skin to sag and they appear like folds. Moreover, the deep folds of the skin may also be the result of excessive fat in your body.
Deep folds: who are at the risk?
There are factors that might put someone at the risk of deep folds on the facial and neck skin. Those are:
- Skin tissues: Someone who skin tissues production rate is high, is at the risk of developing deep skin folds.
- Fat: A person with more fat in the body is often at the risk of deep folds on the skin.
- Genetic: It has been observed that having a family member with the same issue increases the chances of getting affected by deep skin folds.
- Age: Age is also an evident factor in the appearance of deep folds on the skin. As we age, our facial muscles get weaker. Weaker facial muscle cannot remain tight and they fall loose causing the skin to appear folded.
Signs of deep folds:
Generally, it has been found that deep folds look like lines in the beginning. Lines on the facial and neck skin can be taken as a sign of coming deep folds.
Prevention of deep folds:
Though time is something we cannot control; people age with time. Still, there are some precautions that you can think to prevent the deep folds on your skin. What are those?
- Keep your skin moisturized. Moisturized skin does not easily crack or gets affected by problems.
- Do some facial exercises. You can consult with our dermatologists about the exercises that can prevent deep folds from appearing.
Treatment of deep folds at MedLinks:
There are various treatment approaches available at MedLinks to treat the problem of deep skin folds. Our experts choose the most appropriate method as per the clinical examination of the individual.
- Liposuction: Sometimes, when it is diagnosed that skin folds are due to the presence of excessive fat in the skin, liposuction becomes the most suitable choice of experts. This treatment methods aims at removing the extra and unnecessary fat from the skin. By this method, getting rid of skin folds is easy.
- Fillers: Using acid fillers is the non-invasive method of treating the deep folds on the skin. In this method, hyaluronic acids dermal fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are used to fill in the lost volume of the skin.
- Ulthera: Ulthera is a non-invasive treatment that uses ultrasound waves to penetrate deep within the skin’s surface. The treatment works best for people experiencing minimal skin sagging and brings excellent results over the course of time.
Why should you choose MedLinks?
At MedLinks, our motive is to provide the optimal solution to every individual who comes here seeking treatment for skin or hair problems. We always ensure that our departments are using the latest in medical technologies. The experts at MedLinks are all highly qualified and have adequate of medical experience. We have treated several patients with deep folds from India and abroad.
MedLinks believes in the best on every stage of the treatment. We start with a detailed clinical examination and finish with several follow-ups to ensure the treatment brings the desired result.
To experience the best in dermatology, you can book a quick appointment with us through the online form.